install went better

benjamin j collar bcollar at unm.edu
Sat Dec 18 00:39:53 GMT 1999

Hello again everybody,

Today I installed the rpm from Redhat's powertools cd and everything has
gone allright so far...except it can't find the documentation for kdevelop
in /usr/doc/kde/HTML.  I suppose there is supposed to be a directory
called kdevelop there, but there isn't.

I just found out what's going on--the rpm installed kdevelop in
/usr/share, so the docs are in /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdevelop.  How
strange.  Documentation for kdebug and kpackage were placed there as well.
I wonder why the path isn't /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML... (or for that
matter, why it was all put in share instead of /usr/local, or just in
/usr/doc).  Hmm.

Well, the next question is how can you change this?  I looked around
kdevelop and could not find a place to tell it where to find its own
documentation.  Until I find out I'm just going to soft link a directory
in /usr/doc/kde/HTML/en to the one in /usr/share.

Thanks
Ben

Ben Collar
http://www.unm.edu/~bcollar/