KDevelop & SuSe 6.3

Robert Newton newtonr at cadvision.com
Tue Dec 7 09:28:25 GMT 1999

>> Yes, I too noticed that many binaries that are needed are not included
>> in the appropriate RPM's.  For this reason, I try to stay away from RPM's
>> and only download source to compile and _install myself_.

> Thanx a lot !!!
> i've downloaded the new 1.1.2 kdesupport.tgz and now i got no errors...
> the only one is that configure can not found the jpeg-library
> how will i find this one ?

As the other person with this problem I too downloaded and compiled
kde-support (version 1.1.2 as I had update KDE trying to solve this
problem). All my problems magically disappeared (thanks for the
advise).
I had no problem with
jpeg libraries. I am running a Redhat 5.2 system and I noted that
there were already jpeg libriaries which I am assuming came from
Redhat. I don't know if these are the libraries that kdevelop expects
but if they are perhaps you just need to install them from your linux
distribution.

rob