[kde-linux] Configuring menus

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Mar 11 05:58:21 CET 2004

Henrique Pinto wrote:
> James, I would love if instead of crossposting the same message to four
> (!) KDE mailinglists, you choose the most appropriate one and post your
> message only there.

CC'ng is NOT cross posting.  I try to limit cross posting.

Did you think about this -- whether or not it was relevant to CC the three
lists.  Or, do you want to tell me which is the relevant list.

Or, perhaps you should discuss it with Carlos:

https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-quality/2004-March/000068.html

Or if you are to moderator of this list, or the other lists that I CC'd,
and you don't feel that it was appropriate to this, or the other lists,
then please advise me of that.

That is to put a fine point on it.  Do you think that this is a usability
issue?  I do.  But the question didn't start here.  It started on a support
list and I normally cross post to 'kde-devel' if I think that it is a
development question that needs to be escalated, but I was told that CC'ng
was more appropriate.  So, your only legitimate complaint might be that I
CC'd this list and 'kde-quality'.  The question is whether or not this is
relevant to 'usability' and 'quality'.  I think that it is.  By definition,
any bug is relevant to 'quality' and many problems that a user brings up on
a support list might be a 'usability' issue.

--
JRT