Multiple List Messages

Carlos Leonhard Woelz carloswoelz at imap-mail.com
Thu Mar 4 22:44:07 CET 2004

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:55:03 -0800, mercan01-kdeq at mailblocks.com said:
> Is it "standard" to just CC the other mailing list? What if I'm not
> part of that other mailing list, should I have to join it? Should the
> folks having the discussion contact the person(s) in charge of the
> projects? Should I sign up for all the mailing lists that interest my
> current project and hope I can wade through it all enough to figure out
> who to get into contact with?

The standard procedure in KDE is: never cross post.

That said, I have being cross posting a lot :), mainly because
kde-quality job is to get involved with other developers. It is in the
nature of kde-quality to discuss things together with other mailing
lists.

The procedure is: when organizing an effort that involves developers from
other lists and potential volunteers (for instance: setting a wiki page
for a new module other than kdepim), it is more than OK if you are cross
posting. Heck, if you are discussing docs, you may include
kde-doc-english too to triple post. If you are asking for feedback on a
work-in-progress implementation, it is OK to cross post. If it is too
incipient and if you want gentle feedback, you may try it first only here
:)

But for specific questions about applications and code, or to post a
finished implementation or idea, the best is to subscribe to the lists of
the applications you are interested in and to post only there. Or better
yet, if it is a quick doubt, ask on the application or module irc
channel. Or to the kde-devel channel, if there are no such channels.

  Carlos Leonhard Woelz
  carloswoelz at imap-mail.com

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - I mean, what is it about a decent email service?