January/February KDE PIM summary blog post

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Thu Feb 24 14:57:57 GMT 2022

Hi,

* kdepim is one of the teams where repo name does not necessarily match with
bugzilla project/component. That's why I helped the Release team to handle the
connection repo <-> bugzilla correctly to get a full list of versions for all
bugzilla products. This work was based on my work in 2020: https://
blog.sandroknauss.de/bugzilla-project-api/
The benefit for the the users and us: We get more precise metadata on
bugreports, as users have a full list of released version to select from.
 - We have the correct links in invent:
https://invent.kde.org/pim/kmail pointing to https://bugs.kde.org/
enter_bug.cgi?product=kmail2
[see for example the kmail2 bugzilla product for the correct version numbers:
https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=kmail2]

* did merge commits by "non core team mates" (Do you nown any good name how to
name these people?):
 - Alexander Basov fixed bugs in AppArmor profile usage with Postgres database
[https://invent.kde.org/pim/akonadi/-/merge_requests/86]
 - Oleg Solovyov fixed a Kontact crash when clicking New." [https://
bugs.kde.org/424252]

* Jonathan Marten fixed the wrong identification of MS Word attachments as
encrypted data. [https://invent.kde.org/pim/messagelib/-/merge_requests/83,
https://bugs.kde.org/390002]
@ingo - you may write more about this, as you mostly helped Jonathan ;)

* Fixed "X-Face can break cryptographic signatures" [https://bugs.kde.org/