[Kde-pim] a very frustrating problem with Kmail conflicts

con.hennessy at gmail.com con.hennessy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 16:55:59 BST 2012

Hi,
 I'm using KMail from KDE 4.8.2 on openSuSE 12.1.

Frequently when I try to access a folder on a mixedmaildir resource I get a
message "NO [LRCONFLICT] Resource tries to modify item with dirty payload,
aborting STORE." and then a message "Resource KMail folders is broken.
Resource KMail folders is now online". While the messages seem to be giving me
confliciting info, my real problem is that I can then not read any more
messages from that resource.

When I look in akonadiconsole I can see that there is a task "130
ChangeReplay" in one of the queues. When I turn on the debug option in
akonadiconsole I can see the message :
"AggentBase(akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource_1): Unknown error. (NO [LRCONFLICT]
 Resource tries to modify item with dirty payload, aborting STORE. )"

Is this a known problem ?
Any hints on how I can resolve it ?
Can I get/provide any more information that will help to resolve this type of
issue ?

This is a very frustrating problem, causing me to loose lots of time as I have
to stop and restart kmail, akonadi, and nepomuk so that I can read a few more
messages from the resource.

Any help would he highly appreciated.

CPH