[Kde-pim] IMAP Resource out of sync

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 17 11:54:10 BST 2012

Hey,

I noticed that the IMAP resource can get out of sync with the server, and
doesn't seem to be able to recover from that state. The problem I'm facing is
that I try to create a collection, but the AddCollectionTask fails. Afterwards
I have a collection in the resource without rid, and it seems the imap
resource never tries again to synchonize the local collection to the server.

I would have expected that this happens on synchronize, but from the code it
looks like synchronizing is only for retrieving items, and not for writing
changes back (at least for collections).

Now I'm not quite sure how to handle this case, but I one way to handle it
would be to add support for writing back changes to the synchonize call.
Off course I could also add that functionality to retrieveCollections, but that
would kinda hijack the function for something it shouldn't be doing (Of course
we could also just redeclare the purpose of the function that it should do a
full sync in both ways).

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Christian