[Kde-pim] RS IM in Kopete -> Interacting with KMail -> Offer both to OOo and/or Koffice

Michael Schmidt schmidtm524 at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 21 14:34:44 BST 2007

hello All, Olivier, Will, Jos,

thanks for the feedback. I appreciate your openness here and maybe
this is a good basics.
And I am impressed how far developed all is. Im and Mail intrgration,
modern QT gui, Koffice suite and packs... all very good !!

My request is: How do we get RS Im into Kopete.
and, is Kopete already ported to Win?
And if Telepathy and Akonadi comes, does this mean to implement RS
mort into these libraries instead of into Kopete??

What does further integration of KMail and Kopete mean? Both merging
at the underlaying Libaries of Telepathy, Akonadi and Decibel???

> Kopete would support an integration of RS into Kopete,

Let us start with this small step first?
there is no manpower, but Rs is a library, and QT, maybe so a stick to
it is just a question of minutes? Havbe you tested RS ?

> OO.o has written it's own toolkit, like we use Qt.

Thanks for this info, dunno that this is given, ok then OOo could be a
second step (after RS integratin in Kopete or Decibel?), to offer this
to Ooo with QT, or they make their own gui then with their own work,
or maybe Koffice will be much more popular than OOo - but then Rs
should be integarted... ;-)) in Koffice...

> This would mean OO.o would need to ship the Qt and KDE libraries. No biggy,
except that they won't do that.

As said, we can ask them, if there is an Email Client, which can doi
IM on RS. (an other protocols are as wlel welcome). We could ask Ooo,
if this integrated Client (in gui or in prcesses) - with Rs - i
working ideally on linux and win.. guess KMail and Kopete is not
available for windows?

> Working with Telepathy and Akonadi and Decibelk

Sorry, for that, I am not a linux user and this is all new to me, just
want to discuss the ideas with you, and if there is a project start or
interest, we can ask OOo to support this. If not Ooo, then KOffice.

So I suggest to bring RS into Kopete first?

Regards Mike.

PS: RS protocol was interesting for them more, because they wanted the
secure file exchange between coworkers in a collborating team. RS
IM-prptocol is a new standard of Messaging serverless and with PGP
keys (email 2,0) see the Forum for further info and the RFC of RS.