[KDE/Mac] Re: Incorrect MacPorts message

Leif Halvard Silli xn--mlform-iua at xn--mlform-iua.no
Sun Jun 26 13:51:36 CEST 2011

Hi Ian,

I did read those messages before posting. The page
http://community.kde.org/Mac is super! However, those who try to
install Mac KDE by using Mac Ports, will only continue to give up/get
frustrated unless the port messages itself is correct.

So, just so it is clear: I was referring to the message that the
Terminal spits out during KDE installation.

(I chose to post under another topic because correcting the Mac Ports
message is different from operating a web page about KDE installation.
But perhaps that was very unwise of me - the two subjects are closely
related. For instance, I doubt that the communitiy pages etc would have
mattered so much had it not been for the fact the Mac Ports
installation message is incorect ...)

So, please, if there are someone involved in the ports package
creation, please try to correct that port message that I cited below.

Leif

Ian Wadham, Sun, 26 Jun 2011 15:07:41 +1000:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Mac_OS_X/MacPorts#Installing_the_base_requirements