[KDE/Mac] Re: Incorrect MacPorts message

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 11:01:48 CEST 2011

On 26/06/2011, at 5:10 PM, John Layt wrote:

> On Sunday 26 Jun 2011 06:07:41 Ian Wadham wrote:
>> I used the KDE Techbase instructions at:
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Mac_OS_X/MacPorts#Installing_
>> the_base_requirements for getting DBus to run whenever I boot the Macbook
>> and added kdeinit4 to Mac OS X's SystemSettings->Accounts->My
>> Account->Login Items, so now the Macbook is ready to run KDE apps as soon
>> as it has started up.  John Layt says the Techbase page I quoted is out of
>> date, so tread carefully, but the DBus bit worked fine for me.
>
> I had a quick read through that page, turns out it was one I updated for KDE
> 4.4 including the change to DBus, so it's only a year outdated, unlike the
> other TechBase pages which are about 2 years old.  Anyway, the community page
> now has the correct info, we just need to get MacPorts to correct their
> message.  You mentioned before that you had asked on the MacPorts list for it
> to be updated, was there any progress on that or should I open a bug with
> them?

My previous request was in the middle of another post, so maybe did not get
noticed.  I have today started a new thread on macports-users at lists.macosforge.org
"Please edit Macport's KDE instructions" with details about the current state of
play re the KDE Mac web pages and references to the threads on kde-mac at kde.org
so here's hoping ...

Thanks very much for all your good work on community.kde.org, John.  I am sure
it will be much appreciated.

All the best, Ian W.