Shortcut shadowing terminology

Adrian Chaves adrian at chaves.io
Thu Mar 9 17:02:34 GMT 2023

On the language front, the shadowing is the effective one, the shadowed
the disabled one. override=shadow, overriding=shadowing=effective,
overridden=shadowed=disabled.

So, if A is shadowed by B, meaning B shadows A, it means B is in effect.

If that's not what actually happens in code, then I would consider it a
bug.