svn up might break translations

Antoni Bella Pérez antonibella5 at yahoo.com
Sat May 21 09:08:01 BST 2022

  Hi Frederik,
  I prefer make svn up before copy new translations and go on... Possible cross translations? See the local diff.
  Toni

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On dv., de maig 20, 2022 at 23:57, Frederik Schwarzer<schwarzer at kde.org> wrote:   Hi,

we currently have a problem with our workflow.

For some time now Lokalize formats even short strings as:

msgstr ""
"Foo"

Our server-side scripts then update the files to make them look like:

msgstr "Foo"

If now the translator wants to commit the changes a few days later,
svn complains that we need to run "svn up" first.

SVN performs a merge then and creates messages like:

msgstr "Foo"
"Foo"

... resulting in strings like "FooFoo" in the GUI.

Has enyone else seen this?

Cheers,
Frederik