Remarks on the footer of the https://kde.org/fr/distributions/ page

Phu Hung Nguyen phuhnguyen at disroot.org
Thu Dec 10 15:00:31 GMT 2020

Hi Xavier,

>   1. The sentence for the last paragraph (included in the
>      "menu_footer_shared.po" file) looks incorrect :

>          logo](https://kde.org/media/images/trademark_kde_gear_black_logo.png)
>          are registered trademarks of [KDE e.V.](https://ev.kde.org/
>          "Homepage of the
>            KDE non-profit Organization")
>
>          Should it be something with correct settings for hypertext links?

>          href="https://kde.org/media/images/trademark_kde_gear_black_logo.png">logo</a>
>          are registered trademarks of [KDE e.V.](<a
>          href="https://ev.kde.org"> Homepage of the KDE non-profit
>          Organization.</a>)

In the French translation there is a space between square brackets and
parentheses (for both the logo link and KDE e.V. link), which
invalidates the Markdown syntax of the message and makes the message
rendered wrongly. Please remove those spaces and it will be fine.

Btw, I also see the same error with ROSA Image Writer links on
https://kde.org/fr/distributions/ and in promo.po file.

>   2. In the page in French, one paragraph remained in English, even if
>      translated in French (One paragraph in the "promo.po" file). Just a
>      question of update?
>
>      openSUSE comes in two versions. Leap, a stable distribution with
>      regular releases, comes with LTS versions of Linux, Qt and Plasma.
>      Tumbleweed, a rolling distribution with the latest versions of all
>      packages
>      SUSE is a KDE Patron.

After you translated this message, the English string has been changed
but you haven't updated the French string, so it is marked as fuzzy. I
think that's the reason it is displayed in English.

The same happens for the "Send your vacation pictures; see what music is
currently playing [...]" message on https://kde.org/fr/plasma-desktop/
and in promo.po file.

Regards,
Phu