[kde-guidelines] Grouping HIG

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Fri May 30 19:34:26 UTC 2014

I think only the Appearance portion of the groupbox HIG needs updating.
Right now it says:
Appearance

   - Label the group box with a descriptive caption.
   - Do not assign an access key to the group box’ caption.
   - Use a 'raised' shadow if the frame is used to convey relationship.

That last bullet would seem to compel a visible frame which I don't think
is necessary to convey relationship. A "flat" style, groupbox, like David
suggests, (with approriate padding and margins) conveys relationship quite
well I think. So my proposal would be to simply remove that last bullet.

Thoughts?
Andrew