[kde-guidelines] Grouping HIG

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Fri May 30 14:05:39 UTC 2014

What is a problem is people saying "I don't like the current style,
I'll do the layouting myself" as that completely breaks portability
and consistent styling.

I agree the Oxygen sunken boxes can lead to a boxes in boxes look but
it's possible to make the style render the GroupBoxes without any kind
of box (the Windows Qt style already do this) see the examples here:
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qgroupbox.html There's even a warning
about how setting the groupbox style to "flat" might have no impact in
the theme.

should change the styling not the HIG.

David