[Kde-games-devel] Some issues

Aron Boström aron.bostrom at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:52:00 CEST 2007

On 10/14/07, Ian Wadham <ianw2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 05:38 am, Aron Boström wrote:
> > On 10/13/07, Frederik Schwarzer <schwarzerf at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Bovo:
> > > - The grid and the positions of the "dots" does not fit very well when
> > > the Gomoku theme is selected
> >
> > Odd, there are no problems for me. Can you send me a screenshot?
> >
> In Gomoku I think the pieces should be centred on the intersections,
> as in Go.  For me, they are drifting away more and more as you get
> further from the centre of the board.  Some even end up entirely
> inside the squares, as in checkers.

Ah, yes, I see...

Btw, are there some freeze on svn right now, or can I fix this?

Also I am finding the Gomoku pieces are rather small.  In Go, the
> "stones" are about the same size as the squares. Actually they are
> slightly larger than the squares, so that the stones cannot be placed in
> a too regimented way, but that would not work well in a computer game.

Ok, thanks. I didn't know.. :)

Finally, could the "five in a row" signal for the black Gomoku
> pieces be made a bit clearer?

Actually, Bovo needs entirely new artwork. Nothing is so far in oxygene
style, everything is  made by me (and I am certainly NO artist).

I'll do what I can..

Aron