[Kde-games-devel] Some issues

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Oct 14 23:56:33 CEST 2007

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 05:38 am, Aron Boström wrote:
> On 10/13/07, Frederik Schwarzer <schwarzerf at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Bovo:
> > - The grid and the positions of the "dots" does not fit very well when
> > the Gomoku theme is selected
>
> Odd, there are no problems for me. Can you send me a screenshot?

In Gomoku I think the pieces should be centred on the intersections,
as in Go.  For me, they are drifting away more and more as you get
further from the centre of the board.  Some even end up entirely
inside the squares, as in checkers.

Also I am finding the Gomoku pieces are rather small.  In Go, the
"stones" are about the same size as the squares. Actually they are
slightly larger than the squares, so that the stones cannot be placed in
a too regimented way, but that would not work well in a computer game.

Finally, could the "five in a row" signal for the black Gomoku
pieces be made a bit clearer?

Keep up the good work, Aron.  I really enjoy Bovo ... :-)

I think the above are just problems in scaling calculations, but
I can send a screenshot if you really need one.

All the best, Ian W.