Status of the KDE Runtime module splitting

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Apr 7 18:52:04 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 7:08 PM, Alex Merry <alex.merry at kde.org> wrote:

> On 07/04/14 17:57, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > - kioslaves, kioslaves-extra: I'm waiting to get the respositories, the
> > sysadmin team seems to have some concerns. Discussing it at the moment
> > (when the time zones let us).
>
> Question: why two?  This means kioslaves split across three repos: kio,
> kioslaves and kioslaves-extra.  I'd have thought that core ioslaves,
> like file and http, should go in kio, and others in another repo (called
> kioslaves or kioslaves-extra, it doesn't really matter).  In fact,
> that's what I thought the decision was on this list (although I may have
> missed something).
>
> Alex

I was hoping this would have been discussed the last time I proposed the
splitting plan.

Anyway, file, ftp, http, help and mailto are already in kio framework. The
reason we have 2 is that it seemed odd to be releasing together the sftp or
smb kioslaves together with cgi or finger. And yes, it's a subjective
distinction.
Now please, if there are further objections regarding the initial plan,
let's start a new thread about it. This is not what this e-mail was meant
to be about.

Aleix