D11588: Fix broken octave backend and debug messages small change

Nikita Sirgienko noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 25 13:52:30 UTC 2018

sirgienko added a comment.

  > As to the fix of the actual problem you mentioned here, did you check the two lines I wrote in my previous comment? Can you please validate it also solves the problem on your side?

  No, it don't fix the problem. The problem is that we call `syntaxHighlighter` in the `Worksheet` constructor, which calls the `OctaveHighliter` constructor, which calls the `OctaveSession::evaluateExpression`, inside which a attempt is made to access the m_process method, which is initialized with nullptr (from `OctaveSession` constructor).
  So, for Octave, we *need* call `login` before `OctaveHighliter::constructor`, or we have seg. fault.
  Or, We can add new state to Session::Status, because after Session constructor and before login calling status equals Status::Done and it incorrect state, I think (because session starts `evaluateExpression`, if it isn't in Status::Running state, even if `login` calling don't done and m_process equals `nullptr`).

REPOSITORY
  R55 Cantor