D11588: Fix broken octave backend and debug messages small change

Alexander Semke noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 25 13:30:42 UTC 2018

asemke added a comment.

  In D11588#233690 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11588#233690>, @sirgienko wrote:

  > Yes, I have read T4760 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T4760>, and that's why no just added Octave activation when loading worksheet. With this fix, I also can modify Octvae worksheet, even I haven't Octave in the system. But there is one problem with my fix: initialization starts (cursor changing, status bar with "initializing"), but don't end, because backend don't send `loginDone` signal. But I work on it.

  It will end after the timeout in m_process->waitForStarted() (5 minutes). The problem is that we don't evaluate at the moment the return codes of all those waitForStarted() calls and don't react accordingly. Ideally, the login()-functions shouldn't be called at all if the executables for octave, maxima, etc. are not found. The worksheet should be in a read-only mode without no login done nowhere in such cases. This needs to be implemented centrally.

  As to the fix of the actual problem you mentioned here, did you check the two lines I wrote in my previous comment? Can you please validate it also solves the problem on your side?

REPOSITORY
  R55 Cantor