Research on the Memory game

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Aug 25 16:04:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf <
annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Following Marco's mail about the Memory game, I wrote a small doc to assess
> what we currently have and hopefully to trigger a discussion and the best
> design possible as a conclusion for such a game.
>
> In this doc, I define what a Memory game is. I present the MemoryGame and
> KMemory with screenshots, I extract positive and negative points
> (subjective
> as that only reflects my view).
> Then I list a few points for an implementation and that's what should be
> discussed and defined here.
>
> The doc is in .odt (I can put it on my scratch pad), the pdf is attached.
> Should the conclusions we agree on be on a wiki? Community or techbase?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Anne-Marie

 Hi Anne-Marie!

I appreciate very much that research, it's going to help for sure :).

I have been communicating with Marco following his proposal on the list. So
far we've fixed some problems he had with my implementation on his system.

In my opinion the most important thing to do right now is to make the theme
format rock solid and useful so that people can start creating/contributing
themes, then we will start to be able to think about good UI.

Having the whole UI inside the canvas is a good idea for sure. :)

Aleix