[kde-doc-english] KSpread : Helping with Documentation

Marc Heyvaert marc_heyvaert at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 13:46:03 CET 2004

Hello all,

I would like to something for KSpread. I'm not really
a programmer (yet) but I have some experience as a
spreadsheet user.

In fact I would very much like to produce a manual for
KSpread just like the sort of thing that the big
software companies included with their software, back
in the eighties (yes nostalgia :) ). These manuals
where extensive, complete, with loads of axamples and
screenshots. Of course this is a long term project,
and as my mother tongue is Dutch, I'm still not sure
if I will write it in English. If I do, I will need
someone to edit it for me....

My aim is not to replace the current KSpread Handbook,
which serves another purpose I think. It is brief, to
the point, and more a reference than a tutorial...but
I feel that it needs some work. So I would like to
work on the existing KSpread Handbook. This is what I
would like to do :

1. More screenshots!
2. Bring the text up to date and keep it up to date.
3. Add some stuff where needed.

Now I have the following questions :

1. Do I send my (proposals for) patches to this list?
(I don't have a CVS account)
2. Who is also working on, or following KSpread to do
some post-editing of my texts?

Regards

Marc

P.S. Link to my msg to the kde-quality mailing list :

https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-quality/2004-March/000096.html