Helping with Documentation

Marc Heyvaert marc_heyvaert at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 13:27:46 CET 2004

Hi Philip and all,

As this is my first msg on this list, a brief
introduction.

I'm 46, living in Belgium and I have been a user of
spreadsheets since 1984, mostly for stuff that was
investment related. I'm really fascinated by the
progress that KDE has made in the past few years, I
tried it 2 years ago, and since I bought a second
computer I use KDE for most of the work that I do on a
PC (at home that is, here at work it is all Windows).

I really want to do something for KSpread. I am
currently doing some janitor work (correcting
copyright messages) and I have had one patch accepted
by Ariya, but I'm too much of a newbie in C++ and Qt
to do a lot of coding yet, but it remains my ambition
to become one :)

Now I'v read the wishes you posted on the KDE bug
tracking system, and I would like to help with
1. KSpread documentation.
2. Screenshots (I feel there should be a lot more).
3. New and better templates.

I also would like to make a 'real' manual for KSpread.
Don't look for results soon, because what I have in
mind will be quite long. But I will come back on this,
because as English is not my mother tongue I will need
an editor for my manual, somewhere down the line.

Also I want to become involved in testing patches,
etc. Discovering new bugs, categorizing existing bugs
and wishes, etc.

I have already told Ariya about my intentions. I will
also post a message on the kde-doc-english at kde.org
mailing list.

Regards

Marc