CMake config & target challenges on moving to KF5 namespace; dir structure & API dox (Re: Submitting Grantlee as a KF5 Framework)

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Mon Dec 30 08:55:16 GMT 2019

Hi,

Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> schrieb am So., 29. Dez. 2019, 15:03:

> On 28/12/2019 23:30, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Why are you proposing to do a step back instead to the old state, which
> > everyone including you considered not that satisfying?
>
> Because it's a temporary situation. We still have a way forward in KF6
> (which will open in a few months).
>

> Generally, getting Grantlee into KF5 now also establishes the wrong
> precedent. Grantlee should be split into two repos each with a tier 1
> library (KF6::TextDocument and KF6::TextTemplate). The two are
> independent and have nothing to do with each other aside from
> authorship. That seems to be something you were objecting to, so I want
> to make sure that's something addressed on its own. The two KF6
> libraries will then follow the KF6 naming conventions etc.

With my KTextEditor hat on: KF6:TextDocument implies somehow a link to
QTextDocument or KF6:TextEditor, which both is incorrect, right?

Before starting this work, let's clarify whether we can find a more unique
name (like KF6:GrantleeTextDocument).

Since I haven't used Grantlee yet, I sm likely not the best person to find
a better name ;)

Best regards
Dominik