KHTML developers: Animated GIF playing

Erik Meusel meusel at codixx.de
Tue May 13 14:43:04 BST 2003

Am Montag, 12. Mai 2003 18:34 schrieb Dirk Mueller:
> I do wonder though if the libungif version would have less bugs than the Qt
> GIF reader (which is still terrible buggy).
Applications using libungif suck at least at the points of portability. Since
libungif is difficult to be ported to at least Windows (I tried to compile it
with Visual C) because of it's inconsistencies in data type handling
(sometimes the byte arrays are addressed as unsigned char*, sometimes as char
*, ignoring that there are also typedefs for exactly that point), this would
be no option for such a portable HTML rendering engine as KHTML is.

When I solved the problems in libungif, two years ago, I didn't even get an
answer by actual developers, although I attached a complete patch for the
portability issues.

mfg, Erik