KDE 3.2 release cycle

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Mon May 12 13:34:35 BST 2003

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:

> Stephan Binner wrote:
> I have to agree here. As long as there is no feature plan freeze and feature
> freeze announced, people will happily add new features and delay fixing
> bugs until they absolutely have to. In kpilot, I have so many ideas for new
> cute features, and I like working on them much more than fixing our bugs
> (kpilot is rather high in the bug-count list, but many bugs are old or hard
> to impossible to reproduce etc). Especially since I know the next release
> will only be in almost a year or so, I don't have so much incentive to fix
> bugs right now.

That's why you have me, to do some of the unpleasant stuff :) Actually,
one man's new feature is another man's missing-vital-functionality
critical-bug. So a lot of new stuff that goes into KPilot is recovering
from regressions, trying to keep up with changing APIs all over the place,
or taking lessons from Aaron & the usability teams seriously. I've tried
pushing other "vital functionality" into _BRANCH with varying success.

> So, I'm all  for announcing a feature plan freeze relatively soon, so that
> people really start planning which needs to get into 3.2.

So what's our plan to be for KPilot then? "Make it work right"?

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg at cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE