KDE 3.2 release cycle

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sun May 11 19:45:51 BST 2003

Am Sunday 11 May 2003 18:14 schrieb Mosfet:
> Okay, I know everyone is talking about this, but I also think the KDE3.2
> release date needs to be moved up. I've been using CVS HEAD and at least
> for what I am using it is quite stable and has more than enough new
> functionality to justify a new release. I know there is a ton of things
I doubt collecting bugs will bring us any further. And while it's generally
true, that new features bring in new bugs I would still think that we should
try to get ironed out as many as possible. To my counting, there are
~2300 _confirmed_ bugs known to KDE. If you can name two or three
features that may qualify for 3.2, I still say that closing 200 bugs (and be
they missing features reported) and beside that having the same functionality
than 3.1 is more worth it.

Beside that, I see a revised kdepim as the key feature for 3.2 and that has
basicly just started. An alpha release doesn't help keeping the developer's
focus on the application. If you do alpha releases now, you basicly only add
work in organizing bugs. I don't know about you, but for me this is still the
biggest part of my KDE work.

How our changelogs look compared to other project's changelog can hardly
be our problem.

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화