KDE 3.2 release cycle

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Mon May 12 08:29:05 BST 2003

On Sunday 11 May 2003 20:45, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> To my counting, there are ~2300 _confirmed_ bugs known to KDE. If you can

From which are 470 due to khtml/kjs (no problem there to confirm much more
with some work, and expect that growing) and 390 are for products not part of
KDE release cycle atm (KOffice, KDevelop, CDRs, Boson, KBear, ...). Your bug
count based release schedule ("release when only 1000 confirmed bugs left")
is totally unrealistic. And btw, nothing prevented three KDE 3.1.x releases
with the current amount of open critical and grave bugs. You have to release.

Either switch to a time-based or feature-based release-schedule now.

> Beside that, I see a revised kdepim as the key feature for 3.2 and that has
> basicly just started. An alpha release doesn't help keeping the developer's

Why 3.2? Is whole kdepim alpha state? Or only Kontact? Then move it to 3.3.

Bye,
   Steve