Idea: How to keep the intro voices

JAZEIX Johnny jazeix at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 18:42:01 UTC 2017

On 04/25/17 14:14, Antoni Bella Pérez wrote:
> El dimarts, 25 d’abril de 2017, a les 12:49:52 CEST, Fòram na Gàidhlig va
> escriure:
>> When i tried to have multiple text domains in gnome GCompris, I couldn't
>> do it, because strings that I wanted in different textdomains were in
>> the same source file. So, separate string collection wasn't possible.

My first though was to grep the intros into a temporary file and
applying on it $EXTRACT_TR_STRINGS
(https://github.com/gcompris/GCompris-qt/blob/master/src/Messages.sh).

Maybe better, another solution is to put all the introduction texts
directly in a separate file (for now, we don't use them at all in the
ActivityInfo.qml so it may be better to centralize them) and apply the
script to it.

Which one would be easier for translators?
>> I still think multiple textdomains would be a good idea in general,
>> because GCompris is huge. At least separating the UI from the activities
>> would be good.
>    +1 from Catalan Team
>
>    We use a registry in third person for the GUI, but GCompris, we employ the
> second person when the GUI (all voices) speaks directly to the child.
We can probably separate into 2 files the activities and core (regarding
the folders) but I'm not sure if it will be enough and well separated?
>    At this point, it would be good to make more extensive use of 'msgctxt', so
> that the translator can see it without compiling the source code every time.
>
> title, description, goal, prerequisite, manual, etc.
>
>    See advanced_colors '#. Color #E34234'
>
> # Nota: https://ca.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermell%C3%B3
> #. Color #E34234
> #: activities/advanced_colors/advanced_colors.js:187
> #: activities/advanced_colors/advanced_colors.js:367
> #: activities/advanced_colors/advanced_colors.js:566
> msgctxt "advanced_colors|"
> msgid "Find the vermilion butterfly"
> msgstr "Troba la papallona vermelló"
>
>    This could be a good solution.
>
>    Regards
>    Toni

For sure, we can add the context easily using |//% <string>|

I'll do a pass to add it in all the ActivityInfo.qml files.