[GCompris-devel] Search feature

Aruna S safincrazy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 18:34:17 UTC 2016

Hey Rishabh!

The search feature is much needed, so it'll be great to have you work on
this.

> The only thing I have figured out is to use a hash table since it provides
> a faster lookup .I would  need little guidance and input from all of you to
> complete it.
>
> A simple and quick way to implement a hash lookup in Javascript would be
to create a searchable JSON object where the keys and values in the JSON
object pertain to each activity.
The key would have to be unique for each activity(the name of the activity?
Or a hash of the activity code or some other way), and the value of the key
has to be a way to bring the activity to the forefront.

Not sure if this solution is the best one, but a brute force way to present
games that match a search query might be to create an invisible
section(like the favourites, maths, strategy section etc) to present the
matches from a search query, and add this section name to the
ActivityInfo.qml. The section can be made visible/active only when a
"Search" is in progress and is presenting results.

Hope that's useful.

Warmly,
Aruna