Qt5 5.10.0 and KDE Frameworks 5.45.0 error

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 19:45:05 UTC 2018

On mercredi 6 juin 2018 16:09:36 CEST Bhavesh Patidar wrote:
> Hello Everyone,

Hello,

> I am Bhavesh from India and a newbie to open source. I am a college student
> and really want to contribute. Mainly, I program in C++ and I am
> comfortable with the basics as well as some data structures. I found KDE to
> be the perfect place to start my open source journey and I am willing to
> learn any new technologies/languages/frameworks which will be required to
> contribute. I searched for some beginner-friendly projects and found Elisa,
> music player to be an interesting project.
> Hence, I started building Elisa locally(Ubuntu 18.04) by following the
> instructions from here : https://community.kde.org/Elisa
> But, after executing this command:

Welcome to KDE.
I hope Elisa can provide you a way to get started. At least, we will try to
help you as much as we can.

Please do not forget that we are pretty busy and that we may need a couple
days to answer you. If you try channels with more developers like the kde-
devel mailing list or the irc channels you may get answers faster than us.

Elisa is mainly using c++ and QML for the user interface. There is also some
SQL and some javascript in the QML files. You should feel at home.

> apt-get install qtbase5-dev qtmultimedia5-dev qtdeclarative5-dev
> libqt5svg5-dev libkf5i18n-dev libkf5filemetadata-dev baloo-kf5-dev
> libkf5config-dev libkf5kcmutils-dev libkf5declarative-dev
> libkf5coreaddons-dev libkf5doctools-dev libkf5xmlgui-dev
> libkf5crash-dev libkf5dbusaddons-dev extra-cmake-modules gettext
> qml-module-qt-labs-platform qml-module-qtqml-models2
> qml-module-org-kde-kcm qml-module-qtquick-controls
> qml-module-qtquick-dialogs qml-module-qtquick-layouts
> qml-module-qtquick2
>
> it is downloading version 5.9.5 for qt5 and version 5.44.0 for kde
> frameworks which is not the minimum requirement. And hence I receive the
> following error:
>
> ' Could not find a configuration file for package "Qt5" that is compatible
> with requested version "5.10.0". '
>
> I would be really grateful if someone can point out where I am going wrong.
> Do I need to build qt5, cmake and kde frameworks from source?

Elisa requires Qt5.10 and KF5 Frameworks in version 5.45 at least. This is due
to the need to add missing features the fastest we can. Sorry for the extra
complication for you.

I believe the easiest way to build an environment that will allow to work on
Elisa is to use kdesrc-build (https://kdesrc-build.kde.org/) and follow this
guide (https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source).
I never had time to integrate a recipe to build Elisa. This could be your
first contribution.

You can also have a look at the list of tasks for Elisa (https://
phabricator.kde.org/project/board/193/). I have not yet properly sorted the
one that would be best to get started. Just ask me and I will guide you.

In any case, let me know how it works for you.

Best regards

--
Matthieu Gallien