[Digikam-users] Re: Digikam support Nikon D3100

John Bestevaar Josephus at people.net.au
Sun Jan 30 15:51:20 GMT 2011

Dear Giles
Thank you for your quick and clear reply.
I will make more money donations in near future.
The reason for my question is:
Launch Digikam > plug in USB cable > Turn on Nikon D3100 camera.
Digikam tab: Import > cameras > Nikon DSC D3100 ( auto detected )
When i click on the last item there is an Error message.

"Failed to connect to the camera. Please make sure it is connected
properly and turned on. Would you like to try again?"

I assumed this means that my camera is not supported.

I do have Digikam access to my Nikon D3100 NEF photos by first
downloading to my computer HDD via Nautilus.
I have not reported this via your Bug reporting system because even
after reading your Digikam handbook i am not sure that i have not made a
mistake somewhere.

The flickr link shows Digikam version 2.0.0- beta2 Rev.: 1217876m
As supporting Nikon D3100 in the supported cameras list.
I assume that as this version is not packaged in the Ubuntu repository
,it is too unstable for Gnome Desktop.
Kind Regards John Bestevaar