multiple instances of amarokapp

Paul Cifarelli paul at cifarelli.net
Sun Jun 25 20:48:15 UTC 2006

Hi Colin,

Absolutely normal.

Of course, how many will usually depend on what engine and even on how that
engine is configured.

So, for example, lets say you are using the helix engine, configured to use
alsa for output and using the Realplayer 10 libraries. Then you'll show 1
main amarokapp and 2 child processes, each with an additional thread.  Since
linux represents threads with an entry in the process table, that's 7
entries, which is what you show.

The 2 child processes are used to create crossfades, if you were wondering...

Paul