100% CPU usage with SVN trunk

David R. Litwin presently42 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 17:44:13 UTC 2006

On 18/06/06, Dan Meltzer <hydrogen at notyetimplemented.com> wrote:

> I recieved it editing the tags, which would in turn edit the files.  My
> random
> guess at what is happening is that when the tag is edited, the file is
> rewritten.  As the file is rewritten, an inotify collectionscan process is
> triggered every N milliseconds, or however often inotify triggers.
>
> Maybe we should see how beagle handles it?

For good or ill, I'm afraid there is nothing ore to handle. I got
really fed up with not being able to use Amarok in the fashion that I
wanted. So I chucked the whole thing out the window and installed from
scratch. All of Amarok now seems to work as perfectly as
it normally did / does.

I say good or ill for we shall now never know what the problem was and
subsequently make sure it never happened again. I feel,
however, that it was a simple bad installation the first time round
that caused all of the chaos.

So, there you have it. I will not change the subject header to
[Solved] as we didn't really solve the problem. It just... went
away....

Thanks much nonetheless.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.