Dynamic Collection: Conflicting Mount Points

Colin Guthrie kde at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Jun 17 12:51:30 UTC 2006

Maximilian Kossick wrote:
> You can't configure it at the moment. This stuff is still very much
> work-in-progress and there isn't anything to configure at the moment. It
> works to some extent for removable medias like external USB harddisks and
> CD-ROMs. We have collected some ideas for handling network shares on the wiki
> page but they aren't supported yet. Therefore Amarok deletes the files from
> its database when the share is unmounted.

I kind of figured as much to be honest! But seeing as I'm ignorant here
I figured I'd ask and see if I was proved wrong!

> I just checked the KDE media applet and it looks like it supports NFS and
> Samba shares. You could do me a real favour and send me the output of "dcop
> kded mediamanager fullList" (without the quotes) while the NFS share is
> mounted. Hopefully it contains some information about the NFS share I might
> be able to use.

The first time I ran the comand, it produced nothing but I called it a
second time and it gave me some info.... I generally run a gnome
environment, so perhaps the first call was just it initialising?,
perhaps something to bear in mind when implementing tho'.....

Output below.

Hopefull I'll be able to start doing some Amaork based work a some point
as I really like the program. I've got issues at the moment with the
Wikipedia info not showing for artists/albums (other stuff like lyrics
etc. is fine tho'), but I'm guessing that is in my distro's (Mandriva
cooker) packaging of either Amarok or KDE.... I've opened a bug for this
and will attempt to look into it.

Currently my development time is spend on MythTV and Kipi-Plugins
(namely Gallery which I intend to make better once the current release
is out of the way (and I can break the kipi API ;)).

Anyways just thought I'd half introduce myself too :)

Output follows:

FYI: hda1 is a 32meg /boot partition.
nfs is the DNS name of my NFS server (and is expanded to append my
domain by resolv.conf)

[colin at jimmy ~]$ dcop kded mediamanager fullList
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_e019eec9_0c30_4dff_9f9f_b2e29963b7e3
hda1
32M Media

true
/dev/hda1
/boot
ext3
true

media/hdd_mounted

---
/org/kde/mediamanager/fstab/nfs:homerhome
home
Remote Share (nfs:/home)

true
nfs:/home
/rhome
nfs
true

media/nfs_mounted

---
/org/kde/mediamanager/fstab/nfs:mntmediamntmedia
nfs
Remote Share (nfs:/mnt/media)

true
nfs:/mnt/media