Amarok's amazing!

Umakanth Puppala upuppala at real.com
Fri Jun 16 22:24:22 UTC 2006

Howdy folks,

I’ve been using Amarok 1.3.9 for the last one week and I absolutely love
what I’ve seen so far. I haven’t even starting scripting / messing with the
DCOP interface but I really look forward to doing that. I am a Gnome user
and Amarok runs near flawlessly (*grumble* had to install kdebase ;-) ) on
my Ubuntu laptop! Great job guys! I’ve been using the stock player with the
Xine engine but I’ll be compiling Amarok from source with Helix engine
support this weekend and see how that goes. Again, good job on a solid
player for Linux!

Thank you,

Umakanth Puppala | QA Helix Liasion, Player QA | Real Networks.