Report from incorporation research committee

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 00:56:03 CET 2009

On 7 Jan 2009, at 17:52, Seb Ruiz wrote:

> 2009/1/8 Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org>:
>>    * Voters are contributors to the Amarok project who have shown
>> continued commitment to Amarok as a whole. This means very new
>> contributors do not have a vote until they have been around for a
>> bit.
>
> We need a clearer definition than "a bit". eg, "at the discretion of
> the board" or "5 months"
>
>>    * People who have been active contributors for less than 1 year,
>> but have been continuously actively and engaged in the community
>> since
>> then (e.g. some SoC students).
>
> Again, how do we define this.

Those two criteria were just to help us choose the initial list, we
are not suggesting that there be a general set of criteria needed to
be considered.

Once the initial list exists, each new contributor is voted in on a
case-by-case basis like the KDE e.V. does it (so those points become
moot).

leo

---
Leo Franchi				(650) 704 3680