Report from incorporation research committee

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 00:52:14 CET 2009

2009/1/8 Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org>:
>     * Voters are contributors to the Amarok project who have shown
> continued commitment to Amarok as a whole. This means very new
> contributors do not have a vote until they have been around for a bit.

We need a clearer definition than "a bit". eg, "at the discretion of
the board" or "5 months"

>     * People who have been active contributors for less than 1 year,
> but have been continuously actively and engaged in the community since
> then (e.g. some SoC students).

Again, how do we define this.

> Jeff will talk to the SFC more about possibilities for having both a
> US-based entity and a German one. What are the possibilities regarding
> the transfer of money between them? Is that totally OK with the whole
> public charity thing?

I'm interested to know how easy it is to disengage from the SFC if
required. If we choose to go with the SFC, then down the road we might
want to pull out for any number of reasons. How easy would it be to do
this?

Also, how often does the SFC report back to us on the details of our
financial status? Funds, transfers etc?

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/