D15580: New annotation toolbar

Simone Gaiarin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 3 20:22:18 GMT 2019

simgunz added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidhurka wrote in shell.cpp:370
> This (maybe) causes one problem now. The default is to open new documents in new windows.
>
> Open a new document with the Open action of an existing shell, so a new Okular window appears. Open the annotation toolbar in both windows. Click Hide in the second window. -> Only the annotation toolbar in the first window is closed.

Good that you spotted this bug, though it is unrelated to this change (I think). If you use Tools > Annotations or the shortcut `F6` everything is working correctly. The problem is only related to the Hide buttton in the toolbar. I indeed expected some weird behavior somewhere.

> annotationactionhandler.cpp:492
> +    }
> +    QAction * aToggleAnnotator = qobject_cast<KParts::MainWindow *>(KParts::MainWindow::memberList()[0])
> +                                    ->actionCollection()->action( "mouse_toggle_annotate" );

This implementation is buggy. How to detect in which main window are we?  (Even if we move `aToggleAnnotator` to `part.rc` I think we still need to figure out in which part are we, so should not give any benefit)

BRANCH
  new-annotation-toolbar_ToggleActionMenu