D15580: New annotation toolbar

Simone Gaiarin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 3 20:06:30 GMT 2019

simgunz added a comment.

  > Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current version (repos) doesn't have the annotation toolbar so I cannot use it to tweak settings.
  >  Or am I missing something?

  Right. You have to go through the settings to change anything in the current version.

  > Changing it through the settings menu works just fine in both, with and without annotation toolbar. It is just very slow...

  Ok. So it is strange that the opacity does not work when you change it through the annotation toolbar. You should check/post your `~/.config/okularpartrc` because there you can see the actual value of the opacity. Once you change the opacity and close Okular the value gets written in the file. Looking at that file may help in figuring out why the opacity is not set correctly for you.

  In D15580#557968 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15580#557968>, @davidhurka wrote:

  > I managed to test your patch now.
  >
  > Nice to see the ToggleActionMenu working, this is what I had in mind once. Now I see that it can behave somehow weird: When e. g. Ellipsis is selected, and you select again Ellipsis from the Geometric Shape button menu, it gets deselected, like if you simply clicked the toolbar button.
  >
  > The reason is that you connect to the action group. Then you don’t know whether the menu entry or the toolbar button was clicked.
  >
  > Do you think this is weird?

  Given that QActionGroup (Qt < 5.14 ) does not support to uncheck all actions I had to implement that workaround. Maybe it is a bit weird but as for now that is the intended behavior and I think it is now a big issue (likely the user will click the toolbutton instead of opening the menu and clicking on the currently selected action). I think it is better to wait Qt 5.14 and then rethink this given that we can use the new `ExclusiveOptional` mode of QActionGroup.

BRANCH
  new-annotation-toolbar_ToggleActionMenu