Issue with accessing phone files via SFTP in KDE Connect on Windows.

Istiak Alam istiak01147 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 16:35:47 GMT 2023

Hello KDE Connect community,

I'm writing to seek assistance with an issue I'm experiencing with KDE
Connect on my Windows PC. I'm using KDE Connect to synchronize my phone and
PC together, and I'd like to be able to access my phone's files via SFTP in
Windows Explorer.

I've followed the instructions provided in the KDE Connect documentation to
enable SFTP access on my phone and to connect to it via Windows Explorer,
but I'm not seeing my phone listed in Windows Explorer, and I'm unable to
access my phone's files. I've checked to make sure that my phone and PC are
connected to the same network, and I've restarted both devices to ensure
that they are communicating properly.

I've also tried connecting to my phone using the default SFTP port number
(22), but this doesn't seem to work either. I'm not seeing a port number
listed in the KDE Connect settings on my phone, so I'm not sure if this is
the issue.

I'd appreciate any assistance you can provide in resolving this issue. My
phone is a [insert make and model], and my PC is running Windows [insert
version]. Please let me know if you need any additional information from me
to help diagnose the issue.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Istiak Alam