Issue with accessing phone files via SFTP in KDE Connect on Windows.

Piyush Aggarwal piyushaggarwal002 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 03:44:40 GMT 2023

Hi

On Sat, Feb 18, 2023 at 10:05 PM Istiak Alam <istiak01147 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello KDE Connect community,
>
> I'm writing to seek assistance with an issue I'm experiencing with KDE
> Connect on my Windows PC. I'm using KDE Connect to synchronize my phone and
> PC together, and I'd like to be able to access my phone's files via SFTP in
> Windows Explorer.

You will have to install a software that can handle sftp:// URLs (like
WinSCP) to be able to access phone files on your PC.

> I've followed the instructions provided in the KDE Connect documentation
> to enable SFTP access on my phone and to connect to it via Windows
> Explorer, but I'm not seeing my phone listed in Windows Explorer, and I'm
> unable to access my phone's files. I've checked to make sure that my phone
> and PC are connected to the same network, and I've restarted both devices
> to ensure that they are communicating properly.

The issue is that Windows Explorer does not have native support for SFTP.
Hence, with the current release you're going to have to use a third party
software like WinSCP. However, I've been recently exploring alternatives,
and a better user experience (using the Windows Explorer) seems definitely
doable.

> I've also tried connecting to my phone using the default SFTP port number
> (22), but this doesn't seem to work either. I'm not seeing a port number
> listed in the KDE Connect settings on my phone, so I'm not sure if this is
> the issue.
>
> I'd appreciate any assistance you can provide in resolving this issue. My
> phone is a [insert make and model], and my PC is running Windows [insert
> version]. Please let me know if you need any additional information from me
> to help diagnose the issue.
>
> Thank you for your time and assistance.

As always, feel free to join our Telegram group for faster response!
https://community.kde.org/Telegram

> Sincerely,
>
> Istiak Alam

Best