[WikiToLearn] Communication channels

Luca Toma toma.luca95 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 07:32:09 UTC 2016

> Hey all,
>
> I think these that Luca proposed are some good ideas.
>
> The only downside I see in this is that it will require additional work
> for those working on these ideas: crating the thread on ml, on meta and
> updating meta in the end.
>
> I am not saying this is bad, actually I really like it, I am just worried
> that maybe for some people could be too much work, not really in amount but
> more in 'steps' and things to do.

I think we can work out some kind of bot or scripted way to improve this
workflow, but first i think we have to check if it works.

> Still, it's not bad, we might just need a working group to help with these
> things.
>
> I think this will vastly improve experience both for new users and for
> existing ones (that might miss meetings for any reason).
>
> I would suggest also doing something similar also  to keep track of
> mini-sprints that some people in the development team do and in general for
> 'in real life' meetings (we usually send a report on mailing list, adding a
> link on meta would not hurt)

This was my idea: have some kind of consistency between meta and the
mailing list to avoid the "split brain" condition and i think your
suggestion is exactly what we need to acomplish this.

We can create a meta page for general meetings for events without a
particular subject.

> Keep up the good work!
>
> Cristian
>
> On Thu, May 19, 2016, 22:20 Riccardo Gilardi <
> riccardo.gilardi1996 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>> >My idea is
>> >
>> > Open a ML thread for every decision we have to make
>> >
>> > Link the ML thread in the appropiate meta.wikitolearn.org page
>> >
>> > When we make a decision update the meta page with the decision
>>

>> I like it: having an updated and easily readable document is much
>> better than our current workflow (based only on ML).
>>
>> So far, our ML threads begin with documents of the report of some
>> meeting/sprint, but these docs are rather “static” - they aren’t
>> updated and most importantly, they aren’t often reported on meta
>> (where they could be read by any user).
>>
>> > Push a notification for each new thread or decision on the news channel
>> on
>> > telegram (and maybe make a newsletter about this kind of stuff)
>>

>> +1, this would help users who are not subscribed to the ML to keep
>> updated, one way or another.
>>
>> > Every decision must have its own thread on ml to be sure everyone have
>> the
>> > opportunity to propose his idea.
>> > I think this is the best way of handling the decision process now.
>> >

>> > I’m starting with this mail because i think can improve our community.
>>

>> I love this idea. I think this is a great way to openly inform
>> everyone about the state of progress of the decisions, about any topic
>> being discussed in the ML.
>>
>> Bye,
>>
>> Riccardo A G

Toma Luca