[WikiFM] IRC

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Tue Sep 1 21:47:50 UTC 2015

On Friday, August 21, 2015 02:36:54 PM Aaron Honeycutt wrote:
> I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered already but is there an IRC
> room for WikiToLearn or do we use #kde or something?
>
> Also I updated the MainPage by changing all the text about "WikiFM" to
> "WikiToLearn" so it needs reviewing :)

Hi Aaron,
sorry for the late answer, but I was in a place with almost inexsitent
internet connection.

There is both #wikifm and #wikitolearn on Freenode (I have registered the
latter today). I am in both channel, however I see that most of the community
is not really IRC-savy (as opposed to the average open source contributor), at
least, for now. That doesn't stop us (us == IRC users) to try to start-up the
channel, especially since it's so convenient for most work. ;-)

As a backup solution, maybe a Telegram group could work, too... What do you
think?

For the change, thanks a lot, it was definitely needed! :) Since I am mostly
working on the code/promo/infrastructure, I am tending to notice that the
content indeed needs a little love and cleaning... Actually: since you are a
CS student, what do you think about starting up that page? You could take
inspiration from Physics to add a little content! :-)

Bye,
-Riccardo