[WikiFM] IRC

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 23:39:24 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 2:47 PM, Riccardo Iaconelli <riccardo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday, August 21, 2015 02:36:54 PM Aaron Honeycutt wrote:
>> I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered already but is there an IRC
>> room for WikiToLearn or do we use #kde or something?
>>
>> Also I updated the MainPage by changing all the text about "WikiFM" to
>> "WikiToLearn" so it needs reviewing :)
>
> Hi Aaron,
> sorry for the late answer, but I was in a place with almost inexsitent
> internet connection.
>
> There is both #wikifm and #wikitolearn on Freenode (I have registered the
> latter today). I am in both channel, however I see that most of the community
> is not really IRC-savy (as opposed to the average open source contributor), at
> least, for now. That doesn't stop us (us == IRC users) to try to start-up the
> channel, especially since it's so convenient for most work. ;-)
>
> As a backup solution, maybe a Telegram group could work, too... What do you
> think?
>
> For the change, thanks a lot, it was definitely needed! :) Since I am mostly
> working on the code/promo/infrastructure, I am tending to notice that the
> content indeed needs a little love and cleaning... Actually: since you are a
> CS student, what do you think about starting up that page? You could take
> inspiration from Physics to add a little content! :-)
>
> Bye,
> -Riccardo

You can ask seaLne (Kenny) in the #kde-ops channel to make the #wikifm
chan move people to the #wikitolearn chan. It's confusing to have two
of them.

Also, be sure that #wikitolearn is registered as a KDE chan, again with Kenny.

I think a Telegram group is an excellent idea, and I'm still hoping
someone comes up with a Telegram > IRC bot for us to use. Two-way
would be cool, but one way is good enough.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez