[WikiToLearn] A sprint for everyone

Gianluca Rigoletti gianluca.rigoletti at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 22:00:15 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,
sorry for my late reply, but I just want to share my thoughts on the sprint
for WikiToLearn.

As a newbie of community and open source based philosophy I was a little
bit worried of what other people expected from me. But after all I found
something that really struck me positively: everyone is important as
contributor because everyone has put a piece of skills/culture/work in the
project. This means that people that take part of a project feels that
project as a part of his own.

Said that, I read the email Riccardo sent last day and I am just excited
like he is about the growth of WikitoLearn. I did partecipate at the sprint
and I am still surprised of what we have just done. Of course, there is
still lot do and to do it quickly, but I sure that we achieve our goal and,
on higher abstraction level, our belief.

As someone of you might now, I am currently working with two guys on a
mediawiki plugin that takes a .tex file and outputs a importable mediawiki
xml. Details about the state of this plugin will be provided soon by Davide
(one of the two guys working with me). I know, there's still lots to work
on, but I am very satisfied of our results. Day after day the plugin will
become more stable and will support more latex tags and macros.

With regard to "take a moment to enjoy the credit and satisfaction for all
what we've done", I can say that mine was long enough: I did it uncorking a
bottle of "Fonte Tavina" water, one of the most good taste, valued and
expensive water of Italy. This does not happens everyday.

Bye,
-Gianluca

P.S. Just joking, Tavina is mineral water like all the others