[WikiToLearn] A sprint for everyone

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sun Oct 4 17:59:01 UTC 2015

On Saturday, October 03, 2015 12:00:15 AM Gianluca Rigoletti wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> sorry for my late reply, but I just want to share my thoughts on the sprint
> for WikiToLearn.

Thank you very much Gianluca... this kind of feedback is really really
valuable! :-)

> As a newbie of community and open source based philosophy I was a little
> bit worried of what other people expected from me. But after all I found
> something that really struck me positively: everyone is important as
> contributor because everyone has put a piece of skills/culture/work in the
> project. This means that people that take part of a project feels that
> project as a part of his own.

I think you just nailed the most important point perfectly. I hope that the
others have felt the same way, because that is *exactly* the soul of free
software, and it is where it lays the real strenght of open projects (as
opposed to proprietary ones). Incidentally, it was also the most important
point I wanted to communicate to all of you at this sprint, so I am happy it
got through. :-)

If you want to elaborate more, check out the KDE manifesto: this is one of the
most important points.

> [...]
> With regard to "take a moment to enjoy the credit and satisfaction for all
> what we've done", I can say that mine was long enough: I did it uncorking a
> bottle of "Fonte Tavina" water, one of the most good taste, valued and
> expensive water of Italy. This does not happens everyday.
>
> Bye,
> -Gianluca

Thank you Gian for your e-mail full of positive energy. Enjoy your bottle, ;-)
and... amazing work with OCG!!!

Bye,
-Riccardo