[WikiToLearn] Semantic feature ideas

Alessandro Tundo aletundo at wikitolearn.org
Mon Dec 14 22:08:38 UTC 2015

Hello everyone!
I'm doing a little bit o brainstorming about some use cases for my
internship.

Some people already know that I'm talking about "semantic features" and
knowledge extraction. I want to develop one of them during my internship
and, of course, I have to start from the analysis, design and modeling.

During a conversation with Riccardo we realized it would be very nice to
support learning through the recall of definitions, concepts and theorems
mentioned in the text.
This, for example, can be done through the balloon help.

What I ask is if you can think of something that you always wanted to have
or that could be useful in the study of notes (for example as described
above) as in the case of our content.

Other ideas that came to my mind seem to be a little bit out of our
context, or otherwise useless for our pages.

Such as a timeline of events might be cute, but for purely scientific
content is difficult to model. Different if there were Hisory courses and
notes.
Or also get information about people mentioned, for example, if he is
"Boltzmann", information could be photos, date of birth and death,
discoveries, studies, etc. is interesting, but maybe not for the purpose
which has WikiToLearn.

Thanks and let me know! :)
Bye,

Alessandro