Content referencing

Davide Valsecchi valsecchi.davide94 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 22:08:04 UTC 2016

> Local labels also provide a possible maintenance issue, say if a label is
> deemed more appropriate to be on a different page, then it would be more
> difficult without a complex tracking system to track down where that label
> went and update it.
>
> Global labels don't propose this issue because they aren't page-bound; the
> system could easily update the reference internally without any work needed.

I agree. If a page is moved, it could leave potentially a lot of broken
references: a pain in the back for users.
I agree that global references are not in the mediawiki structure, but with
a good extension it would be a real feature for user.
Maybe namespaces could be managed by admins  to avoid problems with users
creating them random.