[WebKit-devel] Removing kwebkitpart integration related code from KGet in 4.{3|4} branches...

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Sun Jan 24 23:34:52 CET 2010

On Sunday 24 January 2010 07:38:43 Dawit A. wrote:
> The current state of KGet integration with kwebkitpart is almost
> non-existent. Other than being able to download files using KGet if that
> options is activated in konqueror 's settings, none of the enhanced
> features you get in khtml are available for kwebkitpart. As such, to
> prevent confusion as well as compile & runtime issues, I want to commit
> the attached patches to both the 4.3 and 4.4 branches.
>
> Once KDE 4.4 is out and kwebkitpart is moved into its final destination, we
> need to spend time making sure that konqueror plugins work as well with
> kwebkitpart as they do with khtml. For now though, the best thing to do is
> remove the integration. KGet is by no means the only plugin that needs to
> be updated to support kwebkitpart as well as it does khtml. Others such as
> the searchbar, adfiltering need some love as well. In fact all the plugins
> need to be checked to make sure they provide equal functionality
> everywhere...
>
> Suggestions, objections, questions etc are all welcome...

Okay, I was not aware of this issue... I have implemented this feature some
time ago (KWebKitPart support in KGet). At least some time ago listing all
links from a website and downloading them worked. No idea about the current
state.

So yeah, we need to add support to all of these plugins ASAP.

Bye
urs